ITC Conference Grants Financial Support
Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) Conference grant is a COST networking tool aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECI) (up to 8 years from the date the PhD has been obtained) to attend the international conference in the field of the Action.
The ITCs are as follows: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee. The calculation of the financial contribution for each Conference Grant must respect the following criteria:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160/day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
In addition, when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and in kind, must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
Approving ITC Conference Grants for Payment
The Grantee has 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit either a certificate of attendance or a report to the ITC Conference Grant Manager of the Action and the Action’s Grant Holder Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted certificate of attendance or the submitted report being approved by the ITC Conference Grant Manager. Written approval of the submitted report must be sent to the Grant Holder for archiving purposes.
Should the ITC Conference Grant Manager apply for a Conference Grant, the mandate for approval or rejection of the request via e-mail is transferred to the Chair or Vice-Chair, as well as the approval of the Conference Grant report. The written approvals shall be sent to the Grant Holder for archiving purposes.
Applying for ITC Conference Grants
In order to apply for the ITC Conference Grant please login to your e-COST profile and select the ITC Conference Grants Tab.
The application form contains the following items:
- Applicant’s details (Full name, Affiliation, Country, ECI or PhD student, etc.).
- Conference Grant details (action number, conference title, grant period, conference start and end date).
- Bank details.
- Financial support (amount in travel, amount for subsistence for meals and accommodation up to maximum of EUR 160/day, conference fee up to maximum of EUR 500, total amount).
- Supporting documents.
Supporting documents that need to be submitted are:
- CV (including a list of academic publications – if applicable).
- A short description of your involvement in this COST Action.
- Acceptance letter from the conference organizers (confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation).
- A copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference.
- Scientific Report (to be submitted at the latest 30 days after the end date of the Conference).
- How the action has helped me in my research and personal comment about the ITC grants (outreach and dissemination purposes).
General COST Application Rules:
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and Early Career Investigators with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC participating in the Action.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme The main subject of the oral/poster presentation at the approved conference *must be on the topic of the Action* and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC.
List of conferences:
List of conferences that are in line with the Action’s goals eligible to be supported by COST ITC Conference Grants. Please note that the list is not exhaustive and will be expanded as deemed appropriate.
MACHINE LEARNING CONFERENCES
NVidia GTC conference: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
The future of Computing, Graphics and Data Analysis: http://gpuday.com
International Conference on Learning Representations: https://iclr.cc/
Machine Learning Conference: https://mlconf.com
International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation: https://www.gr22amaldi13.com/
The new Era of Gravitational-Wave Physics and Astrophysics: https://www.kitp.ucsb.edu/activities/gravast19
Merging Visions: Exploring Compact-Object Binaries with Gravity and Light: https://www.kitp.ucsb.edu/activities/gravast-c19
Artificial Intelligence Methods in Cosmology: https://sites.google.com/site/aicosmo2019/
Kurt Godel’s Legacy: Does Future lie in the Past?: https://kgs.logic.at/goedels-legacy/